Monday 12 May 2014

Build your Kingdom here!

Good afternoon, I must apologise for not blogging last week. It was a very busy week and by the time I had chance to blog I thought that I might as well do two next week. So you've got two to read!

So it has been a really good couple of weeks here in Eston. It has been busy but within all the business a time where the good Lord is really working in people's lives and in the life of Eston Corps. Something really exciting is happening at Eston in the next couple of weeks and it is going to be an expansion to the ministry of the Salvation Army in this community. Without saying too much, basically the work that is taking place with Children in Eston will develop into a ministry for youth (between the ages of 11-18). These are really exciting times here and I just pray that God will be in our preparation and in the deliverance of this new area of minstry. It's so exciting! Another exciting thing that is happening in the next couple of weeks is that this Friday a number of young people from Texas will be joining the churches here for a week. It is called the Texan mission week and there is going to be a lot happening and I have the privilege of working alongside these Texans in what they are going to be doing. But once more we as a Salvation Army have an opportunity to go into new places, build up a relationship and establish ministry there. We will be going into secondary schools and a school for Kid's who struggle with behaviour, we will be doing street work and helping out in youth groups. All chances to tell people about Jesus and build the Kingdom of God here in Eston.

It is amazing how God works. As part of my year of discipleship, I have been trying to complete "Bible in a Year" and it hasn't been the easiest thing. When I read about all the many old laws and all the different tribes, it becomes really heavy going and it takes true grit and determination to get through it and at on occasions I have been frustrated at not having a clue what it is going on about. I hit one of those times just a couple of weeks ago, I have been reading Joshua and towards the end of the book it spends many chapters going through the distribution of the Land of Canaan to all the many different tribes of Israel... if you want something heavy to read then read the back end of Joshua! I read these passages of scripture and I was questioning why on earth is that in the Bible? I had no answer until I thought about all the new and exciting things happening in Eston. This land in Joshua was unclaimed, it was been inhabited by people who did not know God and so the people of Israel had to go through Canaan and reclaim the land for God. It is such a great parallel, God distributing the land in which Israel claimed is very similar to the way God is allowing us to go into new places and claim that land. I just pray that the Holy Spirit will go and pave the way before us so that great things can happen!

For the last few weeks, Eston has done a series of meetings on "Identity". The first week, Trevor (CSM) led the meeting thinking about "Who am I?" as in who am I as an individual. I led the meeting last week about "Who is The Salvation Army?" and yesterday Gary (CO) led the meeting on "Who is Eston Salvation Army?". It has been a really good series and the meeting I led really helped me let alone, I hoped, helped other people. I am going to post my sermon as my other blog because I want people to read my thoughts on who I think the Salvation Army is or at least who the Salvation Army should be! I would really appreciate your comments on any blog but paticularly that one.

Have a good week and get in touch!

God Bless!

@peggo36
pegg.j@hotmail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment